Ad blocking detected

Thank you for visiting CanadianInsider.com. We have detected you cannot see ads being served on our site due to blocking. Unfortunately, due to the high cost of data, we cannot serve the requested page without the accompanied ads.

If you have installed ad-blocking software, please disable it (sometimes a complete uninstall is necessary). Private browsing Firefox users should be able to disable tracking protection while visiting our website. Visit Mozilla support for more information. If you do not believe you have any ad-blocking software on your browser, you may want to try another browser, computer or internet service provider. Alternatively, you may consider the following if you want an ad-free experience.

Canadian Insider Club
$299/ year*
Daily Morning INK newsletter
+3 months archive
Canadian Market INK weekly newsletter
+3 months archive
30 publication downloads per month from the PDF store
Top 20 Gold, Top 30 Energy, Top 40 Stock downloads from the PDF store
All benefits of basic registration
No 3rd party display ads
JOIN THE CLUB

* Price is subject to applicable taxes.

Paid subscriptions and memberships are auto-renewing unless cancelled (easily done via the Account Settings Membership Status page after logging in). Once cancelled, a subscription or membership will terminate at the end of the current term.

Interfor Corporation (T:IFP)

Business Focus: Logging & Sawmills

Log in or join to add this stock to your watch list.
Sector:  Basic Materials Industry:  Forest & Wood Products
 
See Regulatory Filings on SEDAR
Company Contact
Address: 3500-1055 Dunsmuir St.
Stn Bentall Centre
PO Box 49114
VANCOUVER BC V7X 1H7
Tel: 1-604-6896873
Website: www.interfor.com
IR: See website
Key People
E. Lawrence Sauder
Independent Chairman of the Board
Duncan K. Davies
President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
Martin L. Juravsky
Chief Financial Officer, Senior Vice President
Ian M. Fillinger
Chief Operating Officer, Senior Vice President
John A. Horning
Executive Vice President
J. Barton Bender
Senior Vice President - Sales and Marketing
Mark W. Stock
Senior Vice President - Human Resources
Richard J. Slaco
Vice President and Chief Forester
Xenia Kritsos
General Counsel, Corporate Secretary
Business Overview
Interfor Corporation is a Canada-based lumber provider. The Company and its subsidiaries produce wood products in British Columbia, the United States Northwest and the United States South for sale to markets around the world. The Company operates through solid wood segment. The Company offers a range of products, including Clear Cedar Finger Joint Bevel Siding, Clear Cedar Solid Bevel Siding, Clear Cedar V-Joint Paneling, Dimension Lumber, Elite Cedar 5/4 Radius Edge Decking, Elite Cedar V-Joint Paneling, Elite Knotty Cedar Decking, Fineline Paneling, Japan Zairai-Beams, Japan Zairai-Ground Sill, Japan Zairai-Posts, Japan Zairai-Roof Structure, Japan Zairai-Small Structural, Reserve Boards, Reserve End-Matched Paneling, Reserve Lodgepole Pine Paneling, Reserve V-Joint Decking, Special Appearance Grade Cedar Timbers, Reserve Ponderosa Pine Paneling and Studs. The Company has approximately 20 mills across North America with annual capacity of over three billion board feet.
Financial Overview
For the six months ended 30 June 2019, Interfor Corp revenues decreased 19% to C$932.5M. Net loss totaled C$26.5M vs. income of C$96.4M. Revenues reflect Lumbers segment decrease of 19% to C$787.4M, Logs segment decrease of 38% to C$55M, United States segment decrease of 20% to C$667.5M, China/Taiwan segment decrease of 49% to C$27.5M. Net loss reflects Other foreign exchange gain (loss) decrease of 99% to C$19K (income).
Employees: 1,142 as of Dec 31, 2018
Reporting Currency: Canadian Dollars
Enterprise value: $1,021M as of Jun 30, 2019
Annual revenue (TTM): $1,972M as of Jun 30, 2019
EBITDA (TTM): $167.64M as of Jun 30, 2019
Net annual income (TTM): -$11.53M as of Jun 30, 2019
Free cash flow (TTM): -$134.40M as of Jun 30, 2019
Net Debt Last Fiscal Year: $240.98M as of Jun 30, 2019
Shares outstanding: 67,252,973 as of Jun 30, 2019
TTM: Trailing Twelve Months
EBITDA: Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation, & Amortization